Scraped/typed into Arcturus
I AM SO GRATEFUL TO EVERYONE WHO HAS HELPED WITH THE GREEN CHAIN REACTION. THE SESSION WAS A GREAT SUCCESS. WE GOT A PRELIMINARY RESULT ABOUT 5 MINS BEFORE WE WENT LIVE:
There is no immediately obvious difference in the solvents reported in 2000 and in 2009.
The chemistry department electricity went off line yesterday over the weekend so we had no server. We managed to scrape enough before that so that we could show the basis of the experiment. But most of the session was about how we collaborated on this experiment. I’ll write more later.
There were many people who helped before the event – code, running jobs, documentation and general support. And many who helped on the crisis . And others who helped with recording the event including livestream. I’ll try to give all credits later.
This experiment was created specifically for the Science Online and had a deadline. It’s raised lots of issues and we think there is an exciting way forward which I’ll discuss later.
BUT ONCE AGAIN ENORMOUS THANKS