Elseviergate; Elsevier is STILL charging for Open Access even after I have told them. Wellcome should take them to court

Someone needs to take formal action against Elsevier. Like taking them to court. In this case Wellcome.
Two days ago I posted /pmr/2014/03/24/today-at-elseviergate-more-potholes-and-bumps-on-the-shared-journey-please-help-us-find-paywalled-openaccess-elsevier/ where  I mentioned an APC-paid Open Access article behind a paywall. In response to this Elsevier lifted the paywall.
Prompted by a tweed from Ross Mounce I looked again. Now they have put the article back behind the paywall. Requiring non-subscribers to pay for Open Access.  Unethical, Immoral and I suspect a clear breach of contract law.
Here’s todays’ screen shot
elsevier20a
I simply don’t know what to say. Does anyone care? Or do we continue to pour public funds into an arrogant, avaricious, unprincipled company?
UPDATE: I’ve checked the earlier paywalled Open Access articles and they are not accessible to anyone (“we are experiencing technical difficulties”);

4 Responses to Elseviergate; Elsevier is STILL charging for Open Access even after I have told them. Wellcome should take them to court

1. I guess being available to no one at all is less embarrassing to Elsevier than having a system that charges people money for things they shouldn’t. Keep up the pressure.
    (PS I made a comment here a few days ago and it vanished, and when I tried to post again, it told me it was a duplicate comment. It was in the post with “today-at-elseviergate-are-elsevier-are-dishonouring-their-contract-with-wellcome-trust-open-access-behind-paywall/” in the url (I’m not posting full address to avoid triggering any potential spam filters))

2. Thomas Munro says:

Same thing happened to Stephen Curry today:
    http://occamstypewriter.org/scurry/2014/04/02/open-access-reasons-to-be-cheerful-a-reply-to-agrawal/
    His ‘OA’ article demands $39.95 baksheesh: http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S1360138514000600
    To add insult to injury, the doi is broken.

3. Pingback: Are commercial publishers wrongly selling access to openly licensed scholarly articles? - Creative Commons

4. Pingback: Are commercial publishers wrongly selling access to openly licensed scholarly articles? - Creative Commons Blog - Creative Commons