#solo10 GreenChemicalReaction; we’ll have something exciting to show at the meeting

Scraped/typed into Arcturus

Typical hard slog day, gearing up to do text-mining on the chemical reactions extracted from the patent. Slower than I had thought but steady progress. The routines are all written – it’s the glueware that is the problem.

We still need YOU to volunteer.

As an incentive, we’ve got some stunning technology for displaying the results. Absolutely stunning. It’s based on thinking in a modern frame of mind with Open Data, links, etc. rather than walled gardens, free-but-not-open, etc. RDF, not proprietary formats. XML, not PDF, and so on. I’m not going to tell you what it is as we shall announce it at the meeting!

Heather and I have put together a letter to send to science publishers asking about the Openness of their data. Since all publishers seem to agree that by default data are open, not copyrightable we expect general agreement. We’ll probably send it out later today or tomorrow. Whether we can use the publisher information I don’t know, but we have enough in the patents.

Oh, we still need volunteers.