Origins of CML – 0

[I am starting to blog on CML. Since some readers of this blog may be only interested in the chemistry and not the wider aspects of science and the web I am going to wean them over to the CML blog. I’ll make a full post on that blog and just a few sentences here with a link to the post. This also means that I’ll start to remove the technical chemistry from this blog]

I shall be writing this blog mainly in the first person but you realise that CML is the joint product of Henry Rzepa and myself over many years. Simply, CML would not have happened without Henry. Perhaps in 2009 I am the more active contributor but it’s a joint creation. So, if ever I write things that appear to be just due to me please mentally replace this by PMRz what I call our symbiote.

What are the origins of CML? I think I go back to ca 1980 when I was writing code to extend Sam Motherwell’s great FORTRAN toolkit for the Cambridge database BIBSER (biliograpgraphic search), CONNSER the first and greatest chemical substructure algorithm,

continued on http://wwmm.ch.cam.ac.uk/blogs/cml/?p=38