OpenCon2014 was the Best and Most Important Meeting of My Life; the Revolution is launched

I’m serious.
From start to finish this was a superb three-day meeting of young people who know that current scholarship/publishing/university_practice has so many injustices and so much waste that we cannot go on this way.
Must be brief – airport. Search for OpenCon2014 for reports and tweets and pictures. In brief:

• 175 young passionate people from round the globe (only 5% of applicants could be selected for 80 scholarships)
  • sensational vision and planning from SPARC , RightToResearch, OA Button, etc.
  • Brillaint and inspiring speakers. A+ to everyone.
  • Many people already suffering under the present system.
  • Culminating in a superbly organized day of Advocacy actually on Capitol Hill, Washington. Huge insights into how to get political support and change.

I use the word “Revolution”. It needn’t be bloody. I’ll write more…

3 Responses to OpenCon2014 was the Best and Most Important Meeting of My Life; the Revolution is launched

1. Pingback: #OpenCon2014 Acesso aberto vai muito além da licença CC BY | Pesquisa Educação

2. Pingback: Join us at OpenCon 2015 | Erin C. McKiernan

3. Pingback: OpenCon2014 was the Best and Most Important Meeting of My Life; the Revolution is launched – ContentMine