My footprints in the digital sand

Egon Willighagen posts:

Clustering web search results

The Dutch Intermediair magazine of this week had a letter sent by a reader introducing Clusty, a web search engine that clusters the results. It does a pretty good job for ‘egon willighagen‘:

It seems to use other engine to do the searching and focus on the clustering. Source engine exclude Google, and include Gigablast, MSN and Wikipedia.
For chemoinformatics it comes up with the following top 10 clusters: ‘Drug Discovery’, ‘Structure’, ‘Cheminformatics’, ‘Research’, ‘Books’, ‘Conference, German’, ‘Textbook, Gasteiger’, ‘Laboratory’, ‘Handbook of Chemoinformatics’, and ‘School’. Quite acceptable and useful clustering.
This might be the next step in googling. Rich, it also might solve your problem: searching for ‘ruby chemoinformatics’ does not give a ‘Depth First’ or ‘Rich Apodaca’ cluster 馃檪

Wow! This is the web summarising our digital sandy feet. So (what else) I have to put myself in and see what the web thinks of me:

All Results聽(187)
It’s not what I expected! But at least it’s good to know that Judith and I are part of a cluster.